Saturday, March 24, 2018

Red Hair in the Artwork of Florence Harrison

The following images come from the artist Florence Harrison (1877-1955). She was known for illustrating poetry and children's books.

This first one is an image I came across a very long time ago online, however at that time I had no way of knowing who the artist was as there was no label on the image. Fortunately I recently rediscovered it and found to my added pleasure that it was actually used to illustrate a poem by Christina Rossetti. It's quite a beautiful image.


(Illustration from Dream Land 1910)

The following two I only came across recently. They both portray women with reddish hair. The first is titled The Ghost's Petition, however I haven't been able to find the name of the second one as of yet.






No comments:

Post a Comment