Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Pre-Raphaelite Redheads: Dante Gabriel Rossetti

I think I'll just put all the Rossetti pieces in one post. I was going to split them up into smaller groups, but it probably makes more sense to have them all in one place. Plus it's much easier for me too that way, so here goes :)

(The Girlhood of Mary Virgin)

(The Girlhood of Mary Virgin - detail)

(Ecce Ancilla Domini or The Annunciation)

(Ecce Ancilla Domini - detail)

The Latin title Ecce Ancilla Domini translates as "Behold the handmaiden of the Lord".

(Portrait of Elizabeth Siddal)

(Roman Widow)

(The Damsel of the Sanct Grael)

(The Blessed Damozel)

(Beata Beatrix)

(Fair Rosamund)

(Venus Verticordia)

(La Ghirlandanta)

(Bocca Baciata)

(Aurelia)

(Regina Cordium, meaning
Queen of Hearts)

(The Bower Meadow)

(La Bella Mano, translating as
The Beautiful Hand)

(Prosperine)

(Sancta Lilias)

Quite a collection. I'm sure there are many more lurking out there still to add as well.

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful Rossetti! I love "Proserpina"! Thank you very much.

    ReplyDelete