Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Red Hair in Advertising; 30/11/2016 - Red Hair & Thomas Burberry

I imagine this may be the high point and culmination of this red hair in adverts theme I've been covering. The next video is a pretty epic example of red hair appearing in an advert. It's a release from the English fashion house Burberry and features the red-haired actor Domhnall Gleeson.

Gleeson plays the part of Thomas Burberry in a retelling of the company's inception story. The advert looks more like a trailer for a movie than an advert. In fact, some viewers thought it was a movie trailer. I don't normally fall victim to this type of sumptuousness, but I must say I was very much impressed by this. From beginning to end it's quite captivating. The music used is also quite beautiful. Many of the comments on YouTube say this should be made into an actual movie. I find it hard to disagree.

The Tale of Thomas Burberry;


The video also features Antarctica. The most fashionable continent on earth at the moment. In part thanks to the current flat earth revival happening online.

No comments:

Post a Comment